Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 9, 2013


Things I learned this week:
1. Heavenly Father is a God of miracles
Sonia's daughter Maria (Sonia was baptized with her grandson, Maria's son, in November) has been coming to church, and we teach her every week. We invited her to be baptized last week, really thinking she would say yes, but she said no, not yet. (satan really is an idiot). We were really suprised, and really sad for her. Two days later we went and taught again, and she was really different. Before, ever since we first met her, she was always sad, and complained about her hardships to us all the time. To be honest, i didnt love being around her. When we went and visited last Monday, she was SO different. She was happy, laughing, and so great to be around, and SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED! And to make it better, she wants to be baptized on my birthday!! Ever since she made the decsion, she has been to peaceful and happy about life. She is just another testimony to me that God lives, Christ died for all of our pains, sorrows, afflictions, hardships, happiness, and sins. As soon as we soften our hearts and allow Him to help us, we can see miracles in our lives, like Maria. (photo 1: The night she told us she wanted to be baptized. Wani, Sonia, Maria, and Pablo)
2. Christmas isnt really about Christ anymore to most of the world.
Did everyone watch the first presidency broadcast? Thanks to the Hodgmans, we watched it in English! It made me realize how much people forget to celebrate Christ, the WHOLE reason Christmas is even a holiday. I love what.. i think it was Elder Nelson that said, if we really want to celebrate Christmas, give gifts that Christ would give. SERVE people, HELP people in need, LOVE people. Give them ETERNAL gifts. The Christmas tree here in San Marcos has a rooster on top, because here, the beer is called "Gallo" (rooster), if that tells you anything.
3. Spanish is really hard when you have a North American companion}
4. If you put an herb called "Barro" in your hair, it grows longer and stronger.. i tried it.  You blend the leaves with water, but i realized that you probably can strain the leaves out and just use whats left so you dont get small pieces of leaves all over the shower and bathroom. Things you have to learn the hard way.
So I died last week. On Monday I started getting a cold, and on Tuesday i was a mess. (i know mom, i wish you were here too!) I literally layed in my bed the whole day, and got up only to shower and use the bathroom. It was so boring. I didnt eat anything because all i had was all either dairy, or sugary. I think my cold was just Heavenly Father answering my prayers. Last week i was praying and mentioned that it really sucks that i've been gaining weight, then when i was sick i realized how unhealthy my diet is and that i need to buy better things! Point taken, thanks!
On Friday I got a package from Brittany!! It was so sweet THANK YOU!!! My desk is nicely decorated now :)

I'm finally starting to realize that im a missionary and living in a different country. I love it here, love the people, and love the work. I know this gospel is true, I know from my own experiences, and from literally seeing it change people's lives. Thank you for all of your prayers, emails, and letters! They mean so much to me!
Love, 
Hermana Terry




Passed out Drunk.  He was still in same position 4 hours later!
Sack Lunch anyone?
I'm getting Brave.  Turkey face kisses!

Add caption
Thank you Brittany!!!
Barro makes the hair grow longer.

Photo 1 from above letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment