Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 6, 2014


This week was very intersteresting.. like every week in the misión. It turns out that new years eve is just like christmas. Everyone does Fireworks, but not Fireworks we are used to, literally EVERYONE has a million Fireworks and the sky is beautiful. We had another party with the Hodgmans and all the missionaries, because its not a safe night to be out. I love my zone, and the Hodgmans. I can blame my not being baggy this Christmas on them, they made us feel like we were right at home. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! We each got a large pizza for each companionship to share.. there were A MILLION pizzas!! We didnt come close to finishing, so we dropped ours by Sonia and Maria's house (our recent converts) on our way home. (at 10pm. cause thats how we roll here in the misión). Oh, also i found martiniellis and bought out the store so the latinos could try some. IT WAS SO GOOD!
 
On New Years day, everything was closed, and literally no one was home because.. im not sure why. Its a bug holiday here. We knocked on soo many doors and tried visiting soo many people but no one was home! The streets were so empty, and it was really cold. It was one of those days where i wondered why i am doing here.. (stupid thought, i obviously know why i am here). But, that night we had a lesson with our investigator Avner. Seriously, when you are feeling down, the Lord can always bring you up. The lesson was with his brother who is a member, and his bestfriend who is also a member. The spirit was SO strong, and the testimonies of his brother and friend helped so much. He is really special, and really wants to know more, and learn more. He knows the Book of Mormon is true, and is so ready. I am so thankful for people like him who have the true desire to follow what Heavenly Father wants for him. Pleasae pray for him!
 
This week i have been super emotional because changes are wednesday and i think im leaving :( After new years i was kind of missing home, but after thinking about changes, i dont want to leave san marcos! I love the people here so much! I love my investigators and want to be here to see them be baptized! We had another lesson with Avner again on Sunday, and i was doing everything i could not to cry. The spirit mixed with the possibility of leaving was really weighing on me. I know whatever happens is good. I love the people in my Ward here, and the people i teach so much. I know i was called here for a reason, and that Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone. If you dont believe me, pray and ask, He would love to tell you himself! Or, read the scriptures.. they are seriously always a testimony to me that God knows me and loves me.
love you all!
Hermana Terry
 
pic 1. sometimes people put their dogs in their Windows
pic 2. pizza at the hogmans
pic 3. typico dress a memeber gave me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment